Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

What's your Audi S3 suspension plan?

• Leave it stock

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Lowering Springs

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Coil-Overs

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Air Suspension

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States

picard

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
A1 2.0l TDI 2013
hi mike, does magnetic ride count as stock?

OP
AlltrackMike

AlltrackMike

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
hi mike, does magnetic ride count as stock?
Yes since you can still lower the height of the Magnetic Ride suspension.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 S3
Lowering Springs for me.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I just had a set of 034 Motorsport's Dynamic + lowering springs installed in my '16 S3 with magnetic ride, as well as their rear sway bar. The car rides perfectly now. The mag ride works perfectly, no codes, no rattles, no issues. The car came down about 1/2" which is fine with me. It may settle about 1/4" more, but if not, I am good where it sits now. The rear sway bar made a big difference too. I had it set on the softer of the two adjustable positions and I also used the stock end links. The guys at 034 Motorsports in Fremont were all terrific and took excellent care of my car. I wanted to lower my car a little and firm it up a little and keep it flatter in the turns with better turn-in response - goal accomplished.

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
[MENTION=137]Cairo94507[/MENTION] can you share some pictures?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
Looks great.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I would say the rear firmed up a tiny bit and is now much flatter in turns and noticable on turn-in. This is my DD so I did not want it harsh. I think 034 nailed it. My brother just bought a '17 SQ5 and he is going to take it into 034 for some work in about 6 weeks. He wants to lower it 2".

Muad'dib

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 s3
I'm looking to use h&r springs to lower. I believe it lowers it about 3/4 of an inch. Anyone care to comment regarding drivability, road noise etc... Thank you

S3Fan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
I'm looking to use h&r springs to lower. I believe it lowers it about 3/4 of an inch. Anyone care to comment regarding drivability, road noise etc... Thank you
You don't have the magnetic ride correct?

Muad'dib

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 s3
Just have to make sure you get springs that are compatible. I believe currently both H&R and Emmanuele Design are highly rated.
Thanks for the info S3Fan. Heard and seen nice things about H&R on VW', but not s3's. I hope I can get some info on the ride etc.... Not familiar with the other brand but will look into. Thanks again

DRTJRZY

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi S3
plans are reality now air ride and eurocode front and rear swaybars

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
the mag ride really makes this car a pain in the butt to mod suspension.

i plan on getting some FEAL 442 coilovers with swift springs.
7k front
9k rear.
or
8k front
10k rear

plus need front camber kit and rear ones too.
neuspeed magride cancellation or code it out with vcds if we can get it working before i do the suspensions.

looking into front spherical bearing lower control arms as well. since i installed some in the rears i have to say it makes the car feel way more solid so now im very curious about doing it for the fronts too. they make the car feel better. i would have to say that it isnt for those who like comfort but more for real performance out of your ride and are willing to sacrifice the comfort.

so far it makes the car funner to drive and i have not even lowered it or made any performance mods yet. cant wait to do coilovers.