Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

Best first suspension mod?

DiRo

Reactions
City
Huntington Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3 Prestige
Besides the obvious, stickier tires, I am looking to tighten up the cars suspension a bit. I’ll be honest I am used to my old STi with upgraded struts/spring, sway bar and endlinks, plus a few other goodies like stiffer bushings and bracing. Anyways, what do you guys recommend as the best first mod, I was thinking sway bars/endlinks, then would consider struts/springs down the road once they wear more. All thoughts or recommendation or advice is welcomed!

OP
DiRo

DiRo

Reactions
City
Huntington Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #2
Bump

brianelloy

Reactions
City
Perth
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Land Rover
I’ve heard rear swaybar is the first mod if you want to address under steering

I’ll be installing mine this month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
DiRo

DiRo

Reactions
City
Huntington Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 S3 Prestige
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, coming from my STi which I eliminated understeer and gave it slight oversteer bias, driving the S3 stock is feeling very different. After a couple weeks I am happy with the spring stiffness, so doubt I’ll touch those any time soon. Thanks for the reply and let me know how you like the rear sway bar!

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
If you haven’t already upgraded, decent end links and a solid rear sway bar is a notable improvement. I miss the comradery from driving my old Subie! Maybe we could get Audi (S, RS) drivers to do the same?

Reactions
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 RS3
If you haven’t already upgraded, decent end links and a solid rear sway bar is a notable improvement. I miss the comradery from driving my old Subie! Maybe we could get Audi (S, RS) drivers to do the same?
This is my first Audi and I have a 2020 RS3. I use to have a Chevy Camaro SS and like you, I am used to such great camaraderie from that group. I’m hoping that the S/RS guys are the same.

SW_S3

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3
I have considered the 034 Motorsports rear bar and end-link as my 1st suspension upgrade, I have mag ride. Anyone running that bar? I would like to tune out the inherent understeer.

Staff Team
Reactions
City
socal.
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 s3
audi so far has the least comradery in my area. i too used to ride with the subie crowd.

when ever i try to get a group going in my local area, no one ever shows or its just a bunch of ehh people.