Collision Repair

Reactions
I was hit by someone while driving and they ran off. Now I'm heart broken and stuck with getting my baby repaired. I have not had autobody work done in over 20 years so I'm sure things changed. What do I look for in a body shop, what kind of paint, how do I make sure it's done right..? Please send some advice and if anyone knows a good body shop in STL, please let me know, thanks...

Gray Bark

Reactions
City
Seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Golf Sportwageen
VW's website lists factory-approved collision repair shops that use OEM parts. My Sportwagen 4Motion was rear-ended in stop & go traffic (I was stopped, the guy behind me going less than 20mph, I think). Repair cost = $9,300 for bumper, trim, new tailgate, new body side panel... it's amazing how much stuff was wrecked by this relatively slow-speed collision. It's taken nearly two months for the shop to gather the parts, and today they texted me that there may be frame damage to repair. In the meanwhile insurance is paying for the rental of a 2021 Nissan Maxima - a 300hp design nightmare. It's comfortable and fast, but inside & out it is UGLY. I miss my Golf!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Volkswagen Golf Alltrack Ordering 0