Welcome to the #1 Audi RS3 Forum and Audi RS3 community dedicated to Audi RS3 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Audi RS3 Forum today!

2023 RS3 Rear Deck/Trunk Spoiler issue.

tims9972

Reactions
City
Clearwater
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2023 RS 3
Last year in March I had the opportunity to pick from two new RS3s at the dealership, a Tango Red or Glacier white, I chose the white. I gave the car a quick inspection (it was raining so I didn't look as closely as I normally would, besides it's a new Audi, what could be wrong?)

When I got the car home which was 200 miles from the dealership, I noticed that the rear deck spoiler was misaligned, it was not installed at the factory correctly. It was installed too far forward and too far to the right. There was an obvious over hang on the right side that extended beyond the trunk seam. See picture.

Taking the car back to the dealership where I purchased it was not appealing to me. BTW they apologized for not finding this issue during their inspection. I took the car to my local dealer and it took them two attempts to get it right and it still isn't, the edges keep lifting and the dealer chipped it. I figured I'd better stop before they do more damage to the spoiler. I filed a formal complaint to Audi via email customer survey asking them to contact me but they never did. Also tried to determine if there was a local representative from Audi but got no where with that too.

I'd like to know if anyone else has seen quality defects like this, and just to see if there are any general comments or questions.

In my opinion this misaligned spoiler was caught at the factory and someone deemed it "good enough" or tried to cover their mistake by not correcting it there. RS3__.jpg rs3 _.jpg