Tire Brand Disappointment

2ndAudi

Reactions
During the process of purchasing my Q5 I inquired as to what brand normally came on the Q5. Unfortunately it was Goodyear. My dealer claimed there wasn't sufficient time to change the tire as the dealer was doing a dealer trade to acquire this car. My Tire of choice is Michelin. Second would be Continental. I guess I'm stuck with these Goodyears for a few years.

ATXQ5

Reactions
Ours came with Continental CrossContact.

OP

2ndAudi

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
I would have liked that tire. My previous car to the Q5 was a VW Passat TDI that had those same Continental's as your Q5. A Great handling tire.

ATXQ5

Reactions
I would have liked that tire. My previous car to the Q5 was a VW Passat TDI that had those same Continental's as your Q5. A Great handling tire.
Yeah and they work well in the rain too.

Karl5772

Reactions
Mine came with Pirelli P Zero's they seem a great tire.

OP

2ndAudi

Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Mine came with Pirelli P Zero's they seem a great tire.
Perhaps Audi is offering the better tire on the higher end models such as yours. My '17 Q5 is the Premium model with the Convience Package. Just a hunch.

Karl5772

Reactions
It could be until I come to replace them I am sure they are not cheap.

Gkt33

Reactions
City
Baton Rouge
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Sq5
There was a recall on the Goodyear tires.
The tread started peeling off of the tires.
I had a 2017 Q7 that came on them stock. Not a fan of them but when I noticed the peeling, I took it to the dealer and they replaced them with the Pirelli tire. They had 13,000 miles on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP

2ndAudi

Reactions
Thread Starter #12
I hope this isn't the case of my '17 Q5. I currently have 6350 miles on my Goodyears. I hope that this doesn't occur to mine.

Gkt33

Reactions
City
Baton Rouge
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Sq5
I would take a good look at those tires.
Look around the edges for things like rubber you can pull off by hand, peeling loose surface of the tires.
I didn’t have a clue about the recall, I found out after I went to the dealer. And it’s only good during that first 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audi Q5 (8R) General Discussions 0