Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

2ndAudi

Reactions
Thanks for the heads up with the "YouTube" video. Would be nice if Audi would retrofit my '17 with the remote start. Mentioned this to the wife about to the'18 model having remote start. Despite that fact she's pleased with our Euro made Q5. If cold starting becomes a issue in the future I'll have a "Block Heater" installed.

Last edited:

Karl5772

Reactions
Thanks Everyone [MENTION=14]ATXQ5[/MENTION]

pwgunny

Reactions
Hello Audi Owners!
I bought my 2014 White Q5 2.0 in November 2017. I was coming off a MB GLA 250 lease and decided to try owning an Audi. So far so good and at 77k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gkt33

Reactions
City
Baton Rouge
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Sq5
Sq5

Hi all! Just bought my second Q series suv.
Went from a 2017 Q7 to a 2014 Sq5.
Just couldn’t resist the opportunity.
Looking forward to learning more about it.

2ndAudi

Reactions
Hi Gkt33 Welcome to this site. May I ask why you wish to step down in SUV size ?

Gkt33

Reactions
City
Baton Rouge
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Sq5
Well to be honest, the wife and I thought we had too much room and we weren’t real happy with the 4 cylinder version engine.
We were at the dealer looking at the newer q5’s when I saw the 2014. The rest is history. It’s Phantom Black Pearl, one owner for less than half the price of a new 4 cylinder.

2ndAudi

Reactions
Well to be honest, the wife and I thought we had too much room and we weren’t real happy with the 4 cylinder version engine.
We were at the dealer looking at the newer q5’s when I saw the 2014. The rest is history. It’s Phantom Black Pearl, one owner for less than half the price of a new 4 cylinder.

I know choosing the right car is always a process. My wife and I chose our 2017 Q5 Prem with Nav & Convience pkgs in April of '17. We had done a VW Passat TDI sell back to VW Corp. we received an amazing amount money. I had considered a Certified 2016 Q5 Tech edition with just 8k mileage but the car didn't have a backup camera so the wife didn't want it. We're both happy with our Q5 she got her "Rear Camera" and I got the " Chestnut Interior" . We both agreed on the "Moonlight Blue" exterior. It's our third vehicle that we use as a weekend car so our mileage is really low.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gkt33

Reactions
City
Baton Rouge
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Sq5
You bring up some good points. Talking here made me remember that this is actually our third q in about 2 years! We actually leased a 2017 Q7 premium first when they first introduced the new version. It had the v6. but we experienced body part issues with it.
The rear bumper started to separate, then the rear side panels on both sides loosened.
Audi sent an engineer from Germany to look at it, then allowed us to basically swap up to a plus at the price we paid for the premium.
Been pretty happy since!

2ndAudi

Reactions
When I purchased my Q5 in April '17 the 2018's had come available. My wife and I agreed that we didn't like how the 2018's Navigation screen was now a pop up version. And there was a price increase as well. The dealer had to trade to get our color schemes. We would have preferred Continental Contact or Michelin's over the 19" Goodyears that are on the car. Oh well. We did add a few accessories: The Audi Trailer Hitch, Splash Guards and 3 years of Maintenance program. After delivery add ons are: 3m clear protective film on half of the hood, grille surround and front bumper, windshield supports, Top of Rear Bumper. "Weather Tech" floor Liners and Window Louvers ; Carbon Fiber Dash Mat, Valentine 1; Colgan Car Bra in Carbon Fiber.

Last edited:

Myszka2

Reactions
City
Szczecinek
State
Non-US
Country
Poland
What I Drive
Q5
Hi, waiting for my Q5 2018 s line :). Hope to have it by the end if the week.
Justyna

Reactions
City
Milwaukee
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Q5
Hello All

2012 Audi Q5 for 1 year now. This is just the beginning

2ndAudi

Reactions
Welcome to our thread. Hope to hear more about your Q5. Post some pictures if possible.

clubhov

Reactions
Glad to have a good source of owner knowledge. I purchased my Q5 about a month ago. We've done a couple long road trips already and put on 3,500 miles. This the first car I've ever purchased that exceeded my expectations in every respect. I decided this morning that it might be a good idea to check the oil level and see if it has any issues there. Much to my chagrin the owners manual doesn't seem to indicate where the dip stick is. How do you Q5 owners check your engine oil levels?

Ema33

Reactions
City
LaGrande
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
RDX2019
Welcome to the Audi Q5 Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!
Considering buying a 2019 Q5, currently drive a 2019 RDX. Looking for suggestions on model, want to improve noise level, somewhat of a rough ride, and horrible info system in the RDX. BUT, don’t want to take a big hit on the depreciation of the RDX with a high end Q5.

Jbike65

Reactions
City
King
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Q5
Hello all! I recently purchased a 2018 Q5 Prestige. My first Audi.

Reactions
City
Womelsdorf
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Audi SQ5
Hi, new to the forum, my ride is a 2014 SQ5 in Panther Black with a brown leather interior on black RS6 wheels, 107k on the clock and due for chains. I will try to upload pictures soon. On that note I have a thread in the for sale section selling my stock 21's if anyone would be interested. Nice to meet all of you and I look forward to interacting with everyone.

Hawksrawk

Reactions
City
Wilton
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Audi S3 Prestige
Noob here. Just purchased a 2017 S3 Prestige and waiting for it to be shipped to me. My first Audi, but I have been a loyal VW owner for the last decade and my last being a 2013 Passat SEL. I’m super excited. I’ve been obsessed with the YouTube videos of reviews and mods. Hoping to have great Audi discussions and learning the ropes from some of you Audi veterans out there.

Sergio

Reactions
City
Fort Worth
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Audi Q5
Welcome to the Audi Q5 Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!
Hello. I just purchased a 2012 Q5 2.0L. Any ideas how to set the driver memory seat? the set button is not lighting up.

ATXQ5

Reactions
Hello. I just purchased a 2012 Q5 2.0L. Any ideas how to set the driver memory seat? the set button is not lighting up.
Press the set button then the memory number you want to use. It'll make a beep noise once its set